Thursday, December 31, 2009

Sampler Village


Starting this spring, I'm going to feature my lip balms in the sample boxes at Sampler Village. I was contacted by Traci through my Etsy shop last week. She was commenting on my lip balms in pots, and I mentioned to her that I also have lip balm tubes and that I just haven't had much time to put them up on the Etsy shop just yet. So now I will be sending her 50 lip balm tubes to be included in the March Sampler Boxes. I also signed up to be the Village "Mayor" for the month of October, where I will be sending 100 samples of my Pumpkin Spice soap and have my shop featured on their website.

If you haven't heard of sample boxes, it really is kind of cool! They collect small samples or coupons from different artisans of handmade products to be included in a box each month. The samples vary from month to month, but they have about 30-40 different contributors in each box. It seems like a great way to test something you might be interested in, and then buy from that person directly the next time. The boxes aren't that expensive, ranging from $12 to $35 each. I can see this making a great gift for someone who loves handmade items!

Check out their website sometime and see if there is anything you would like to try!

No comments: